Are you concerned about the duration of your orthodontic treatment?
If yes, then congratulations- you are not the only one to feel this way! What will be the tentative duration of the orthodontic treatment, how long will it take, for how many years I will be using the braces, and so on. These are some of the most common questions in the mind of the patient and not to forget, the origin of such queries is absolutely fine and acceptable.
With the evolution of medical science, each day the technology is changing at a rapid pace. Today, many methods are readily available to accelerate the movement of the tooth through surgical, mechanical, magnet, physical stimulation etc. ways. Optimizing time in the best quickest manner, these methods have successfully assisted the reduction of time given to the treatment. Using the finest methods of Self Ligating Braces is highly suggested because this form of orthodontic treatment has the potential of saving your time by 40 to 50 percent.
What are ‘Self Ligating Braces’?
An absolute tooth colored like ceramic braces, ‘Self Ligation Braces’ are the specialized form of braces that doesn’t use rubbers for tying brackets. Since it is not using rubber brackets, the chances of getting discolored with food are minimal with this form of braces. Self-Ligation Braces comes with passive tooth colored locks on the bracket that ligates the wire causing less friction and pain throughout the process. The form of speedy innovation that comes in the name of Self-Ligation Braces looks absolutely invisible as braces. Nevertheless, the duration of the treatment is also minimal.
The process uses a specialized orthodontic hardware for the movement of the teeth, creating the right amount of pressure for moving teeth from their actual position to ideal one.
Why is Self Ligation Braces the best practice for early treatment in younger patients?
There are several benefits of using this form of braces during the early ages of life. Have a look at some of the most common benefits:
- SLB can directly influence the growth of jaw in a constructive manner.
- It is the quickest orthodontics treatment in comparison to anything similar.
- It helps in improving the width of the dental arches.
- The process reduces the need to extract permanent teeth.
- It incurs minimal chances of jaw surgery- sometimes; completely eliminates the need of the surgery.
- Reduces the high risk of trauma to protruded front teeth.
- The process can both counter and correct harmful oral habits.
- Enhances and improves the aesthetic oral appeal.
- Enables best results in the minimal duration of time.
- Improves speech development in the best possible way.
- Guides the best placement of permanent teeth to the right favorable spots.
- Complements the dental needs of uncooperative teenage years.
Frequently Asked Questions.